Total monitoring and 40% efficiency on HVAC.
HVAC consumption: 600.000€
HVAC system: all air heating and cooling plant
Number of produced pieces: 1.000.000/year
Founded in 1889, Michelin Italia has an international presence with over 70 production plants on 5 continents. Michelin Alessandria is a production plant consisting of various buildings that extend over a total covered area of 500,000 square metres. The plant is active in three shifts, 7 days a week, and produces more than 1,000,000 tyres every year.
Enerbrain worked at the project with two main goals:
- Provide the detailed knowledge of the energy flows of the production site through a real time monitoring dashboard
- Reduce energy consumption and workers’ complaints about ventilation, heating and air conditioning in the most energy-intensive buildings without stopping production and without modifying the HVAC system.
To achieve these goals, Enerbrain divided the site into several main thermic zones, implemented a monitoring system and an implementation system that would allow automatic control of ventilation and heating.
- Control over 150 energy flows.
- 40% decrease in HVAC consumption on controlled buildings.
- Decrease of 10% in total consumption during production stops.
Monthly HVAC-related electricity use before (“Baseline”) and after installing Enerbrain (“Enerbrain ON”).
Graphic reference year: 2019-2020